Jake and John discuss some of the results of the survey they conducted, namely the ways in which students engage with technology. The discussion with students during the survey highlighted some discrepancies between what students and what teachers may view as educational.
- How do your students use technology? For what purposes?
- Can any of this digital technology use be perceived as use for educational purposes?
- In what ways might we embed some of the students’ outside school digital practices into the classroom? What benefits are there to taking this approach?
- Is it an issue that students do not necessarily perceive their use of technology at home as educational?
- Is it an issue that the devices bought for a BYOD program are not being used at home as an educational tool?