In the following clip the teachers from two different primary schools discuss how they were not surprised by some of the results of their surveys. This was especially the case when discussing the difference between how students in the lower years of primary school engage with technology, compared to the upper year levels. The teachers also discuss the types of media students are engaging with, as well as the type of other outside of school activities students participate in.
- How do you think your students engage with technology outside of the classroom?
- Did any of the results of the surveys surprise you?
- What similarities can you see between the students discussed in the video and the students in your classroom or school?
- Do you think the increase in student use of technology is an issue?
- How might you begin to use some of these results to inform your own teaching or curriculum development?