The teachers in this clip, from both primary and secondary schools, discuss how students are using technology – for what purposes – as well as the most popular apps and social media students are engaging in and the length of time students are using technology outside of school.
- Is the length of time students are engaging with technology an issue?
- Is student engagement with technology outside of school the responsibility of the school, especially when it comes to matters of appropriate use, privacy and length of use?
- How might schools work with parents and students to make links between home and school digital usage?
- In what ways, if any, does your school have conversations with students about how they use technology outside of the classroom?
- How might knowledge of student usage of technology be useful for teachers and the curriculum?
- In what ways can schools address issues of access to technology and social media? Is this access essential?